Friday, December 12, 2008

Peppermint Bark


I just made this today for my neighbor gifts. It is really easy and addicting!

1 1/2 -2 pounds of white melting chocolate
10-12 candy canes crushed
4 drops of peppermint oil (All I could find was extract and it seemed to work fine.
red gel food coloring (opt)

Melt chocolate in microwave 2 minutes and stir in everything else (I saved a little bit of the candy canes to sprinkle over top)
Pour onto heavy foil (I used regular and it worked) lined cookie sheet. Put in refrigerator until set. Break off in brittle-like pieces. Very yummy. Enjoy!

Sorry the picture is of my bags too with my shortbread cookies. I didn't have any left over out and I didn't want to unwrap the bags. =)

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Ohhh....that looks YUMMY! I like peppermint bark and it's totally addicting, I'll have to try it...

The Beyer Family said...

I just got done making this. How easy and a great gift. It's in the fridge setting now, but I can't wait to taste it!

Kristy said...

I did this last night and it was VERY easy and VERY yummy. I saw another recipe that called for white choco chips instead of melting chocolate. It might work as well and is probably lots cheaper....we also added food coloring to the top swirled around...kind of a fun effect if you don't let your three year old do it and go OVERBOARD :)

FlipFlop Mom said...

Why have I never checked out this blog before.. it's wonderful!!!