Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mexican Chicken in a Crock Pot

I LOVE this recipe. It sounds a little different, but is really good and appealing to picky eaters I think. Give it a try.

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 can black beans
1 pkg taco seasoning mix
1 can corn
1 can green chilies
1 jar salsa

1 can refried beans

Cook all ingredients except the refried beans in a crock pot on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken and add the refried beans to thicken. Stir well. Serve in flour tortillas or with tortilla chips. This makes quite a bit so is a good dish if serving lots of people or for leftovers.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for continuously providing recipes for us to try out!

rachaeljanae said...

This is one of our family's favorite recipes. I leave out the green chilies. I also use a whole chicken, cut up, and remove the bones before serving. Makes for more tender chicken. I always make double and freeze the leftovers for another day.

Because it's SO easy to make in the morning, I usually make tortilla bowls to serve them in. Yummy!