Sunday, February 21, 2010

The BEST Oatmeal Cookies EVER!

Funny that I follow my "shpeal" on veggies with this post...but I just had to do it!

Warning: These are highly addictive. My sister made them a few months ago and I have been searching for the recipe ever since. I finally figured out which one it was and made them the first chance I got. I haven't been able to stop eating them since. It's a good thing they are almost gone. I can't make them again for a LONG time, but I hope you get a chance to try and enjoy them...

This is from the cookbook "Deep Creek Creations: Recipes Past & Present, Ibapah, UT, 2000". Gold star goes to anyone who knows where this is (without googling it ;)

Oatmeal Cookies

2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C butter, margarine or butter flavored crisco
4 eggs
4 C oatmeal
3 C flour (Whole Wheat works great!)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 C nuts (pecans are really good!), raisins, toffee chips or peanut butter chips (optional)

Cream sugar and butter; add eggs. Beat; mix in dry ingredients. Drop on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 3 dozen large cookies or 6 dozen small cookies.

For my cookies I like using a cookie scoop or melon baller. This will make a really nice uniform cookie that's on the smaller side. I've also started using my ice cream scoop for bigger cookies. If you don't have one that will push the dough out on it's own, you can just use a spoon to pull it out of the scoop. I like using the scoop though because it makes it more uniform that just eyeballing it with a spoon.

3 comments:

Cand said...

I get a Gold Star. Actually it is Colleen said. MOM

Vietnamvet68 said...

I tried your recipe and you are so right, these are really GREAT cookies.

Carmel said...

I LOVE oatmeal cookies, this will be one I will have to try.