Monday, June 8, 2009

Hamburger Steaks

Really simple tonight, but I was getting tired of looking at my stuffed pepper recipe on my other blog ;)  So the other night we had hamburgers, but no fixins for them.  So I made "hamburger steaks".  I cooked up the hamburgers and made brown gravy.  I actually didn't have any brown gravy mix, so just used Au Jus with cornstarch to thicken it up.  I served it over rice, but it would have been great over mashed potatoes.  There's really a lot of options, even when it seems like very few if you can get "think outside the [normal] menu".  I think we all need a few recipes like this that are literally five minute meals.  I need more than most lately! (If you don't know, I'm pregnant and cooking...not so much my favorite thing right now!!!)  If you have any...please post them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i didnt know your were prego, congrats. How far along are you

Doran & Jody said...

This sounds like it will hit the spot tonight!!! Mmmm Mmmm

Thanks for sharing.