Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Garlic Lime Chicken

Another recipe from the Dinner Diva (if you haven't noticed, I love her!). Anyway, this is really yummy and easy to put together. Good luck...let me know what you think!

1 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp thyme

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (Kristy's Note: I never use this much chicken, but I cut 2/3 chicken breast halves into smaller pieces and the same amount of seasoning.)

2 TBLS butter
2 TBLS olive oil

4 TBLS lime juice
1/2 C chicken broth

On a dinner plate, mix together first seven ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts (I usually coat mine more heavily, which I'm sure is why I use all of the spices on about half of the chicken the recipe calls for. ALSO, this is PRETTY spicey, so for the kids, I just skip putting the seasoning on the chicken. I cook it in the same pan so it gets some of the flavor, but not all of the spice!)

In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium-high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken and add lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.

I serve this with garlic mashed potatoes. Simply mash your potatoes and add garlic salt or powder to taste. I add another veggie as well with a bread to round it out.

1 comment:

Jared, Marla, Jayden, Cailey, Rylee and Lexi said...

this sounds so yummy, will def have to try