Monday, November 24, 2008

Crock Pot Pork Chops with Sour Cream Sauce

I found this recipe online and it was YUM! The chops were SO tender and I loved the sauce. A+ from me. Speaking of which...PLEASE review this and other recipes you try on this site! THANK YOU!

Ingredients:

4 to 6 pork chops
flour
salt and pepper
1/4 C oil
1 Large onion, sliced
2 cubes or equivalent chicken boullion or base
2 cups hot water
8 oz. sour cream (fat free is OK)

Preparation:

Season pork chops to taste and dredge in flour. Lightly brown in oil and place in slow cooker; top with onion slices. Dissolve or soften boullion in hot water and pour over chops. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. After the pork chops have cooked, stir 2 tablespoons flour into the sour cream; stir into cooking juices. (It is not necessary for this to be totally blended into boullion, but don't just dump it on top either.) Turn slow cooker to high for 15-30 minutes or until liquid is slightly thickened. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes as you choose.

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I am going to have to try this one! I have been hoping to see more crock pot recipes on here because I don't have very many. I also need more pork chop recipes as I was given a lot of them a while back by a friend who moved out of state and couldn't take her frozen food. I will make this sometime after Thanksgiving and let you know what I think.