Because I thought this site needed more chicken recipes, the other exception to my anti-cream soup stance.
Chicken breasts baked on a bed of rice and broccoli with a creamy tasty sauce and cheese on top.
2 C. cooked rice
2 lb. broccoli, cut up
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. Mayonaise (not miracle whip, fat free ok)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 C. shredded mozzerella cheese
1 C. italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread cooked rice in the bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.
3. Spread the 2lbs of cut up broccoli evenly over the rice.
4. Place chicken breasts on top of broccoli.
5. Mix soup, milk, mayo and lemon juice. Pour over top of chicken.
6. Sprinkle cheese and then bread crumbs over chicken.
7. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hour, removing foil for last 20-30 minutes so that topping will get brown and bubbly.
Number Of Servings:6
Happy New Year? - So sometimes we get our poem out on time. Sometimes we don't. We had this written by New Years, which isn't really on time, but better than say....the end ...
6 years ago