Friday, November 6, 2009

Snickerdoodles




These are my most favorite cookies of all time.  My Grandma Alldredge (my dad's mom), would always make these cookies and have them ready for us when we came for a visit while we were young.  I made these the other day for a cookie exchange we were having in Relief Society and they turned out to be a big hit with everyone and I received plenty of compliments.  So I thought I would share them on the blog.  I hope you enjoy them too! 

Snickerdoodles

Sugar
1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 Cup Margarine or Butter, Softened
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2-3/4 Cup Flour
1 Tsp Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cream of Tartar
2 Tsp Cinnamon

Cream 1-1/2 cups sugar, shortening and margarine together in bowl.  Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Combine next 4 ingredients in a seperate bowl.  Stir into creamed mixture.  Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.  Shape into walnut-sized balls.  Mix cinnamon and 2 Tablespoons sugar in small bowl.  Roll cookies in sugar mixture.  Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. 

No comments: